The breathing zone of infants in cribs has been found to contain up to 2.5 times more volatile organic compounds (toxins that harm hormone balance and interrupt neurological development, among other health problems) than the air in the rest of the room because of chemicals released from the mattress materials. (2015 study)
There is a massive gap in consumer protection and education
It is our responsibility to protect our children and secure a safe and healthy future for them, but we must act asap.
Here’s how it works
In 8 awesome weeks we cover all living spaces, including garage, garden, play spaces, toys and playgrounds, most common means of transportation & more advanced topics.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you provide a week-by-week outline of the topics covered?
Week 1: Nursery and bedroom (crib, mattress, baby-related products)
Week 2: Kitchen (with emphasis on kid and baby-related products)
Week 3: Bathroom (including personal care & hygiene products)
Week 4: Living room (Dust & indoor air)
Week 5: Cleaning and the home microbiome
Week 6: Garden / gardening & Garage
Week 7: Electromagnetic pollution (EMFs), Radon, Car (and other means of transportation)
Week 8: Playgrounds, play spaces and toys
Additional material you can purchase as an existing client:
-Renovations & construction materials (ideal for families who are considering renovations or buying new property)
-Focus on Hyperactivity and ADHD
-Focus on Asthma & allergies
- What can I expect from this program? Will I be able to completely remove all toxic sources from my home?
We need to be realistic; it’s almost impossible to remove every single toxin from our homes. But by doing our best for what we can change, we worry less about the things we can’t do much about. Here’s what will happen by the end of the program.
- You will be able to recognize and reduce / eliminate exposure to several classes of dangerous poisons in your home right away – because it’s easy, affordable and fast to do so.
- You will have the knowledge and up-to-date information to plan phasing out more toxic sources (that are more expensive or difficult to remove) from your household based on your priorities, budget and time.
- For products / materials that can be sources of toxins (household cleaners, personal hygiene etc), you will get extensive lists of safe alternatives to choose from, so that your family life is not disrupted
- I have a child with special needs. Is this program appropriate for me?
Absolutely! Reducing the toxic load in your home and the areas where your child plays and grows can have an immense positive effect in her/his health and should be part of every healing plan since day 1.
- What can I do about toxic sources that I can’t remove from my home?
It’s impossible to avoid toxins entirely because they are all around us and in most places we visit/live/play every day. For toxic sources at home that are difficult or impossible to remove, you will know the best (and sometimes the only) ways to manage and reduce toxic load.
- I have a child with neurological problems and/or behavioral difficulties. Do you think reducing toxins at home can help?
There is a very clear link between several classes of environmental (and dietary) toxins and learning, behavioral and neurological difficulties. Removing these toxins from your home is FUNDAMENTAL for relieving these issues without drugs or other medical assistance. There is also a special add-on module for children diagnosed with ADHD which examines and summarizes all the toxic dangers that are linked to hyperactivity.
- I have a child with a chronic and/or life-threatening disease (cancer, asthma, allergies, digestive disorders etc). Is this helpful?
Yes! Most environmental toxins in our homes weaken and overwhelm the immune system. This is especially true for most respiratory, neurological and digestive disorders. Detoxifying your home is a tremendous help for your child’s body, which could be overloaded with toxins (which contribute to and facilitate disease development) to start with.
- My kid is already brilliant and not showing any sign of being exposed to chemical toxins. Do you think that SAFE is really necessary?
You are apparently doing a great job with your kid, but the most important thing to remember is that exposure to toxins is chronic and cumulative (and in the case of our children life-long), which means that these chemicals could be accumulating in your child’s body continuously and affect her very slowly. Although your child is doing fantastic now, depending on her/his genetic makeup and environmental stressors encountered, (s)he could still be predisposed to health problems later in life. Ensuring that our kids spend the majority of their time in the safest possible environment is a long-term investment for their future. This is the most fundamental concept of SAFE.
- I have heard that the amounts of these toxins are so low that it is hardly a problem for kids or adults (aka the dose makes the poison). Don’t you think that it is exaggerated trying to eliminate as many toxins as possible from our home?
This is a classic argument that many industry representatives use to convince people that the use of chemicals in their products is OK, but unfortunately independent scientific research says otherwise. For some chemicals toxicity depends on the dose indeed, however many chemicals act as hormone disruptors and are well known to cause significant biological effects even in background concentrations. Remember that hormones in our bodies are also produced in minuscule amounts, yet they have the power to control every aspect of our biology. If natural hormones can do that, why similar quantities of synthetic toxins wouldn’t be able to disturb this sensitive balance and, eventually, cause disease? Also take into account that exposure to these toxins is firstly chronic and cumulative (and for most kids life-long) and secondly we are exposed to a cocktail of toxins on a daily basis, not one or two isolated compounds. And this is why we must try to remove as many toxic sources as possible from our homes.
In 8 awesome weeks we cover all living spaces, including garage, garden, play spaces, toys and playgrounds & more advanced topics.